Cocktail Side Table
This handy little cocktail table features simple joinery that has a classic appearance with no visible fasteners. Easy enough to build that you could make several in one weekend for a complete set.
You can also easily adjust the dimensions and fashion a coffee table or even a picnic table, resulting in an entire suite of outdoor tables.
The pocket-hole screws are simple and when combined with waterproof exterior glue, result in a very strong joint that’s invisible everywhere but underneath. Tabletop slats are spaced ¼" apart from each other for drainage, and you can dress up this design by routing chamfers or roundovers on some or all of the slats.
Download a Free
Cocktail Side Table Plan
TIME: 4 Hrs
- (1) 1 x 8 x 8' YellaWood® brand pressure treated pine
- (1) 2 x 4 x 4' YellaWood® brand pressure treated pine
- (4) exterior-grade 1 1/2" L brackets and screws
- Exterior-grade panhead screws (suitable for pocket-hole joinery)
- (4) nylon glides
- Waterproof wood glue
- YellaWood Protector® Stain and Sealer
- Table saw
- Miter, hand, or circular saw
- Pocket hole jig with bit
- Drill bit
- 24" bar clamps
- Damp rag to wipe up excess glue
- A. (5) 3/4 x 2 x 11 1/2"
- B. (2) 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 18"
- C. (2) 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 11 1/2"
- D. (4) 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 17 1/4"
- E. (4) 3/4 x 2 x 13 1/4"