FlameFreez® brand fire retardant treated wood from the makers of YellaWood® products.
Reliable and Available.
To learn more, contact us
FlameFreez® brand is a fire rated lumber and plywood product pressure impregnated with FlamePRO® Interior Type A High Temperature (HT) fire retardant chemicals. FlamePro® fire retardant is a proven certified formulation based on the American Wood Protection Association P50 Standard for Fire Retardants.
Made for interior areas not exposed to the weather or wetting and where the adopted building code permits fire retardant treated wood (FRTW). FlameFreez® brand also meets the requirements for FRTW listed in the International Code Council Acceptance Criteria ICC AC66, conforming with the International Residential and the International Building Codes (IR & IRC).
About FlameFreez® brand
- Pressure treated with FlamePRO® fire retardant chemicals to provide long-term protection (not a paint or coating)
- Treated with an Interior Type A High Temperature (HT) fire retardant
- Proven formulation based on the American Wood Protection Association P50 Standard for Fire Retardants
- Meets the requirements for FRTW listed in the International Code Council Acceptance Criteria ICC AC66 conforming with the International Residential and the International Building Codes (IRC & IBC)
- Complies with AWPA UC-1 and UCFA use category systems
- Treatment process meets AWPA T1 standard
- 50-Year Limited Warranty against structural failure due to heat or humidity
- Recommended for above-ground, weather-protected applications
- Building Code compliant*
- Kiln dried after treatment
- Strength tested under high temperature and high humidity conditions
- Cut or sawn with typical woodworking tools
- Can be painted or stained
FlameFreez® brand FRTW products are recommended for use in commercial and residential applications. As an Interior Type A Fire Retardant, they can be used for the following interior areas not exposed to the weather or wetting and where the adopted building code permits the use of wood or fire-retardant treated wood.*
- Sill plates
- Roof trusses
- Studs and other framing members
- Plywood roof, wall and floor sheathing
- Beams, joists and purlins
- Plywood sub-flooring
- Steps and stairways
- Partition walls
- Blocking and furring
- Window and door headers
- UL Classified with an FR-S Rating for flame spread and smoke development values of 25 or less
- Flame spread and smoke development ratings of 25 or less when subjected to ASTM E84 surface burning characteristics in a test of 30-minute duration without evidence of significant progressive combustion
- Qualifies for the UL "FR-S", Class A, "Class I" classification for surface burning characteristics
- Meets all major model building code requirements described in the ICC Evaluation Service, LCC. ESR-4244
- Backed by a 50-year Limited Warranty from Koppers Performance Chemicals, Inc
- 1-Hour Tested Wall Assembly (ASTM E119)**
- 2-Hour Tested Wall Assembly (ASTM E119)**
Easy To Identify
You'll have no problem spotting FlameFreez® brand products thanks to the red tint added in the treatment process. After treatment, the product is wrapped in a branded protective wrap for transport to the job site.
FlameFreez® brand is ready for your job site. Purchase by full unit or job lot, or get it all in one haul. Include FlameFreez® brand with your regular delivery of quality YellaWood® brand building products.
Important Fastener Information
The chemicals used in manufacturing FlameFreez® brand products have been evaluated for corrosivity in accordance with AWPA Standard E12 for a variety of metals. The corrosion rates for carbon steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, red brass, and copper are not significantly increased when the treated wood products are used as recommended by the manufacturer and properly sized for the materials selected.
Great Southern Wood Preserving, Inc. also offers Treating Services Only (TSO) for FRTW. Contact one of our representatives for more information and pricing.
*Consult local building codes to determine the specific uses allowed.
**See ICC ES Report, ESR-4244.