Inside Sales Representative
Great Southern Wood Preserving, Inc., producer of YellaWood® brand pressure treated pine, has an opening for an Inside Sales Representative for the Columbus, TX location. This position is responsible for selling corporate products to business and industrial establishments or individuals over the telephone and ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to build and maintain customer relationships through exceptional communication, negotiation skills, follow-up, consultation and advising customers on product selection, performance, and application to fit their needs.
- Experience and knowledge in building material/building supply industry is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must learn and be able to communicate the "Great Southern Story" to include communicating to the customer frequently the assets that separate us from the competition.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains customers relationships.
- Prepares reports of business transactions; Participates in weekly sales department meeting.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Travels to and attends customer functions and special events.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and/or one to two years related experience in lumber, building materials, or building supplies industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Those who work at our locations are more than employees, they're more like family. We believe in teamwork and dedication to being the best. If you're interested in joining the Yella Tag Team, we'd like to hear from you. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary w/ incentive program
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid vacation and holidays
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. GSWP is a drug-free workplace and EOE.