Outside Sales Representatives
Great Southern Wood – Columbus, Inc. makers of YellaWood® brand pressure treated pine, has an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Representative covering our NE Texas/Dallas market. For over 50 years consumers have been turning to Great Southern Wood for the best pressure treated lumber products available. They know that for the best protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack all they need to look for is the little “yella tag.” Great Southern Wood Preserving, Inc. is the industry’s leading producer of pressure treated lumber products for D-I-Y retail home centers, pro dealers and other retail building related segments. Our YellaWood® brand pressure treated pine is widely known to consumers throughout the South who use it for a variety of outdoor building projects. Thanks to 14 full-service treating plants and several production facilities, Great Southern Wood is strategically located to provide prompt and efficient service to lumber yards and building supply stores throughout the South, Midwest and Northeast.
Outside Sales Representatives are responsible for maintaining solid relationships with existing customers and for generating new business for Great Southern through exceptional communication and negotiation skills with new prospective customers.
Duties and responsibilities essential for this position include:
- Learning and communicating the “Great Southern Story” and the assets that separate us from the competition
- Making outbound and follow-up calls and visits on existing customers, potential customers and new leads
- Overcoming technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Investigating and resolving customer problems and claims
- Preparing reports of business transactions
- Attending customer functions and special events
- Ensuring account activities and literature are up-to-date
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the ability to:
- Approach others in a tactful manner
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and respond well to questions
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- React well under pressure and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Make decisions that exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the market and competition
- Look for, and take advantage of opportunities to present new products
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or state university and/or one to two years of related experience in the building materials industry is preferred. Individuals possessing the equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Reading, writing, basic algebra, analytical and computer skills are required. A clean MVR is required. Willingness to travel 95% of the time is a must. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus but not required.
Those who work at our locations are more than employees, they're more like family. We believe in teamwork and dedication to being the best. If you're interested in joining the Yella Tag Team, we'd like to hear from you. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary w/ incentive program
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid vacation and holidays
Email your resume to email@example.com. GSWP is a drug-free workplace and EOE.