GREAT SOUTHERN WOOD™ SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Attendance or participation in a sales presentation is not required. Open to legal residents of the State of Texas eighteen (18) years of age or older who were also registered as attendees at the Sunbelt Builders Show that was to be held on July 14-17, 2020 at Gaylord Texan Hotel & Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited. YOU NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- Eligibility/Entries: Unless otherwise prohibited, the Great Southern Wood™ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry who are legal residents of the State of Texas who also were registered as attendees at the Sunbelt Builders Show that was to be held on July 14-17, 2020 at Gaylord Texan Hotel & Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas (each a “Registered Attendee”). Employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and members of the employee’s immediate family (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Participation in the sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. CST on November 18, 2020, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on January 3, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, you must complete a registration online by entering your name, zip code, occupation, and e-mail address on an official Sweepstakes entry form at the following URL: www.yellawood.com/sunbelt. Completed entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. on January 3, 2021. Limit one entry per Registered Attendee. All entries become the property of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated (the “Sponsor”) and will not be returned. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Only fully completed entries will be eligible to win. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the email account at the time the entry was made.
- Random Drawing: One prize winner will be selected on the last day during the Sweepstakes Period (i.e., a total of one (1) prize winner) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the specified drawing time listed below. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The prize winner will be notified by email on or about January 4, 2021 (5:00 p.m. CST), and will be provided confirmation of his or her prize. If the winner is unable to be contacted or does not reply to email notification within thirty (30) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), or if the prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected by Sponsor as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries. PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
- Prizes/Odds: The following prize will be awarded: One YETI® Cooler. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. The estimated value of the prize is $350. The Texas Association of Builders and the owner of YETI® trademark are not affiliated with, and do not sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any responsibility for this Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their officers, directors, shareholders, and agents are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants inaccurate or incomplete entry forms, or by any equipment associated with or used in the Sweepstakes; lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, ineligible or incomplete entries, delays or human errors occurring in the collection, processing, receipt, and selection of entries or for the inaccurate transcription of entry information or for entries that are stolen, damaged, lost, or delayed for any reason. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers and directors are not responsible for the inability of any participant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer rising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject the entrant to disqualification. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes before the Sweepstakes Period begins. The Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be violating these Official Rules or suspected of attempting to disrupt or defraud the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prosecute or seek other legal redress against anyone suspected of engaging in these practices.
- Prize Acceptance: Prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption is allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, who may be issued an IRS Form 1099. Sponsor is not providing any winner with tax advice, and Sponsor advises the winner to seek independent counsel regarding prize winnings and tax reporting and payment responsibilities. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, state of residence, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in print and online, or in any other media worldwide, in connection with the Sweepstakes, without limitation and without additional compensation worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Release of Sponsor: By accepting a prize, the winner further releases Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Sweepstakes Parties”) from any and all liability, loss, cost, expense, or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the winner’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use, installation, assembly and/or misuse of any prize and participation in the prize related activities. By accepting the prize, winner further acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, and hereby expressly disclaim, any warranty, representation, or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Official Rules/Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules or for the name of the grand prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Great Southern Wood® Sweepstakes, 1100 US Highway 431 North, P.O. Box 610, Abbeville, Alabama 36310, Attention: James Riley.
- Sponsor/Promoter: Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, P.O. Box 610, Abbeville, Alabama 36310, (334) 585-2291. YellaWood® and the yellow tag are federally registered trademarks of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated.